These perfectly seasoned chicken sandwiches combine the tanginess of adobo, the spice of pepper jack cheese and the creaminess of coleslaw.
4 Large Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (10-12 oz.)
2 Cups Cool Water
1 Cup Prepared Adobo Sauce (paste)
1 1/2 Cups Golden Dipt Chicken Fry
1/2 Cup Golden Dipt PreDIPT™
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
8 Kaiser or Pretzel Buns
16 Slices Pepper-jack Cheese
2 Cups Prepared Coleslaw (optional)
Lettuce, Tomato and Pickles for Topping (optional)
1. Place chicken breasts on a clean cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap. Pound to ½” even thickness, then cut each chicken breast in half crosswise. Each half should be around 5 oz.
2. In a 2” half pan, whisk together water and adobo sauce. Whisk in ½ cup of PreDIPT until smooth. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat completely. Set aside.
3. Mix 1 ½ cup Chicken Fry and 1 Tbsp. of Chili powder into another 2” hotel pan. Set aside.
4. To Coat Chicken: Remove chicken one piece at a time and transfer to the pan of Chicken Fry. Coat well by turning chicken over 2-3 times, pressing Chicken Fry into the chicken. Transfer chicken to a half sheet pan. Repeat coating steps with remaining chicken. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to fry.
5. To Fry Per Order: Place one coated chicken breast half into a fryer basket and fry for 4 min. at 325 degrees or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Spoon slaw of choice or desired condiments on bun bottom. Place fried chicken on top. Place two slices of cheese on top of chicken. Finish with bun top. Serve with sweet potato fries or side of choice.