These crunchy and tender meatballs combine all the flavors of Korean barbecue with the appeal of a crunchy fried appetizer.
40 1 ½” Frozen Meatballs, Thawed (Swedish or Chicken Meatballs)
5 Cups Golden Dipt Pre-Dipt
4 Cups Cool Water
½ Cup Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
¼ Cup Prepared Gochujang Sauce
¼ Cup Black or Plain Sesame Seeds
1-2 10” skewers for frying
16 Oz. Prepared Korean BBQ Sauce (Or Dipping Sauce of Choice)
8 Cups Prepared slaw of choice
16 Lime Wedges
1. Pre-heat deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2. For Batter: Add cool water to a medium size bowl. Slowly whisk in 4 cups of Pre-Dipt Mix until mixture is free of lumps. Stir in gochujang sauce, sesame seeds, and green onions. Set near fryer. Add remaining cup of Pre-Dipt into another medium bowl and place next to bowl of batter.
3. To Make Meatballs Per Order: Place 5 meatballs in bowl of dry mix. Toss gently to coat. Remove meatballs from dry mix and transfer to bowl of prepared batter. Gently roll meatballs around batter until well coated.
4. Lower fryer basket into hot oil. Using the skewer, skewer one meatball halfway through, and transfer to fryer, holding bowl next to fryer to avoid drips. Lower meatball into hot oil. Use the other skewer to gently release the meatball if needed. Repeat with remaining meatballs in bowl. If meatballs stick to bottom of basket, gently shake basket to release them. Repeat process with remaining meatballs per order.
5. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer meatballs to a pan lined with paper towels to drain.
6. To Plate: Spread 1 cup of prepared slaw into the bottom of a shallow skillet or bowl. Place a 2 oz. ramekin of Korean BBQ sauce in center of skillet or bowl. Place 5 meatballs over slaw around ramekin. Serve with two wedges of lime.
*Feel free to use homemade meatball recipe of choice in place of prepared frozen meatballs.